? ??????????????Phone Booth? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.3 (17 Ratings)??110 Grabs Today. 24471 Total Grabs. ???
???Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????The Only? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.5 (38 Ratings)??106 Grabs Today. 39853 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????????? ????E BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Biskut Raya

Every Ramadhan, without fail, I will try to make my own biskut raya. And without fail, it will always fail me. Yesterday, I tried to make some Biskut Suji or Biskut Arab to some. I followed the same recipe I used last year and the result was "Bleigh".... I don't know what went wrong but it did not taste the same as last year's. Last Ramadhan, I managed to bake a few batches of the biskut suji and proudly gave some to my siblings. But other cookies did cause me some heartache.

As usual, the first tray baked will be the food of the dustbin. It's the same story every Ramadhan. Be it biskut suji, biskut kelapa or what ever biskut. There must be some that were burnt. In fact, more than 10 years ago, when I just moved in to this house, the house was nearly burnt down because of the fire caused by the oven while baking the raya cookies (actually the fire was in the oven, not a bit of the house was affected. Just an exaggeration from me. More dramatic huh....But it did cause a lot of panicking because the fire might spread if we were not able to control it). That year, not only the cookies were thrown away in the dustbin, but the oven received the same fate.

And every Ramadhan I swear that I'm not going to bake any raya cookies. But I always eat my own words. Why? Beats me. I guess it's just my ego trying to prove that I too can make my own biskut raya. Especially with the newly renovated kitchen this Ramadhan, maybe I feel that more cooking should be done in the kitchen. To say that making my own cookies is more economical, I think it costs me more. I don't know... Or maybe because of the fighting spirit in me....the never give up spirit (He...he...he...but I don't think this is it).

Well...for this Ramadhan, I guess no more baking cookies. I'm only going to make my favourite biskut cornflake which will only involve my oven top and microwave. Until next Ramadhan, insyaallah, we'll wait and see.....

0 comments: