? ??????????????Phone Booth? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.3 (17 Ratings)??110 Grabs Today. 24471 Total Grabs. ???
???Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????The Only? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.5 (38 Ratings)??106 Grabs Today. 39853 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????????? ????E BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Saturday, August 15, 2009

To Blog or Not to Blog

The idea of owning a blog has never once crossed my mind. True, I had created my own webpage before, but even then it was solely meant for uploading notes, assignments, and what not for my students. With the e-learning thinggamajig nowadays, my webpage is a thing of the past. In fact, I've totally forgotten all about it.

The traditional me has always associated writing a blog with writing one's diary or journal. It's something personal and is for the eyes of the writer only. As a matter of fact, reading other people's diary was once (and maybe still is) an offense. So why in the god's name would I want to blog and let the whole world read my "diary"? More importantly, would anyone even bother to care for what I think or write? In actuality, I am never in the habit of writing a diary. I do keep tab of the important stuff I do or something that I feel important to remember in my PDA, though.

Once, when the word blog was never even heard of, I did try to keep a journal, something which I was trained to do in my distant past. It was actually my reflection on interesting events or phenomena I observed. Alas, it was shortlived. So, why did I want to start blogging? Wouldn't I better occupy my time with writing-up my thesis than blogging away?

Well, to be honest, I really thought I need to have my own blog in order to comment on others. I was reading my brother's blog one day and when I tried to post a comment, I was asked to sign in or something like that. So, I just left his blog without commenting. Then I read my daughter's blog and really felt that I need to leave a comment on her posts. Thus, on August 15, at 1430 this blog was born.

Little did I realise that I do not actually need to have my own blog or account to leave her a comment (she told me later that I can sign in as open ID, what ever that is). Well, since I'm now a blogger, I might as well share a few thoughts with whoever would want to hear me rant. Hopefully my blog will not end up with the same fate as my journal. Until next post....

2 comments:

Najihah =) said...

so, you mean youdon't want a blog....nj tak bape fhm sgt.....nnt nj add bonda...

UNA said...

Something like that.